Believe it or not some businesses are not tapping into the wealth that email marketing offers.
There are many objections by businesses for using email marketing but the biggest objection I receive is:
I hate getting all that spam. I don’t want my customers to be annoyed with me.
Palm plant to face!
It isn’t spam if your customers are signing up to receive your emails! Businesses don’t grasp what a consumer is stating when they sign up for their email campaigns. What a consumer is saying is:
I love you!
I love your product or service!
I want to hear from you!
I enjoy your company!
Please contact me!
I can’t wait to hear from you!
I want a relationship with you!
Owning a business can be lonely. Who doesn’t want to hear that daily?!
It might sound silly, but this is what your customers are telling you when they sign up to receive your email campaigns. If that isn’t enough to convince you, here are some handy statistics by really smart people in the industry. FYI, email marketing isn’t just for B2C businesses … read on …
- Email is the third most influential source of information for B2B audiences, behind only colleague recommendations and industry-specific thought leaders.
- 86% of business professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
- CTRs are 47% higher for B2B email campaigns than B2C email campaigns.
- 59% of B2B marketers say email is their most effective channel in terms of revenue generation.
- Tuesday is the best day of the week to send email (according to 10 email marketing studies).
- Welcome emails are incredibly effective: on average, 320% more revenue is attributed to them on a per email basis than other promotional emails.
- Consumers who purchase products through email spend 138% more than those that don’t receive email offers.
- Email subscribers are 3x more likely to share content on social media than leads who came through another channel, according to QuickSprout.
- 80% of retail professionals indicate that email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention (the next closest channel? Social media, identified by just 44% of those same professionals).
- 77% of people prefer to get permission-based promotional messages via email (versus direct mail, text, phone, or social media).
- 72.9% of 18-24 year olds use their phones to check email. (We didn’t think they were paying attention)
- Segmented email campaigns have an open rate that is 14.32% higher than non-segmented campaigns.
- Click-throughs are 100.95% higher in segmented email campaigns than non-segmented campaigns.
- The number of email users worldwide is forecasted to rise to 2.9 billion by 2019.
- The number of email users in the US was projected to grow to 254.7 million by 2020.
- Checking email is a complementary activity. People do it while watching TV (69 percent), in bed (57 percent), and on vacation (79 percent). Can we say borderline addiction?
- For every $1 spent on email marketing $44 is made in return, according to a study by Campaign Monitor.
- 28% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails more than once per week.
Pretty impressive, right?
Have you implemented email marketing into your business marketing strategy?
Are you struggling to develop content and create effective campaigns that drive results?
We know someone who can help with that. Check out our Email Marketing page for details on our services.